This week, Miss Proops delivered a humorous assembly on the importance of positivity in everyday life. She asserted that, whilst every day we are bombarded with news of natural disasters, social unrest and even terrorist attacks, we should continue to live our lives, make the most of everyday and focus on the bright side of life. She encouraged us to adopt this mindset by reading out some eye opening facts which may at first seem unnerving; however, they should not change our everyday routines.
Here are some examples:
- Around 150 people a year die after being hit by a falling coconut.
- 2,500 left-handed people are fatally injured using right-handed products every year.
- Around the world, 290 people die every year from falling out of bed.
- Falling vending machines cause 10-13 deaths a year.
- The odds of winning the UK National lottery jackpot is approximately 1 in 14 million.
Miss Proops ended her assembly with this quote:
“I know you’re afraid, but being afraid is alright. Because didn’t anybody ever tell you, fear is a superpower? Fear can make you faster, and cleverer and stronger. Because if you’re very wise and very strong, fear doesn’t have to make you cruel or cowardly, fear can you make you kind.”